Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Draw! Pardner...

I never dreamed we would get drawn.  The other 3 members of my group were successfully drawn last year.  Even though i am new to the group, no one figured that our group would get the nod 2 years in a row.  Primitive archery at Mcalester AAP, an annual dream hunt for some regular guys like us.  

Many times we have discussed the possibilities of seeing one of the   10 most wanted, one of our guys actually got a glimpse of one of them last year but it was fleeting and too far away to be considered as a shot opportunity.  One never knows, maybe this year will be our year, regardless the time will be well spent and the memories will be great.  Time for me to get a recurve and start practicing, preparing myself for the days ahead and making sure that I can close the deal if provided the right opportunity.  I also need to shed a few pounds to facilitate better hiking and safer climbing.  

I am sure there will be many dreams of a close encounter with one of the "Most Wanted" and I am equally as sure that even if that outcome never materialized just the possibility that it may is worth all the effort.  I will try and document as much of my experience as possible during the months ahead and hope everyone is anticipating this years hunting season as much as I.

No comments:

Post a Comment